Clean Bedding Packaging Systems
Clean Bedding Packaging Systems for In-House Packaging of Laboratory Animal Bedding, Enrichment and Food
The VBPS 7000 is an automated bagging system for in-house packaging laboratory animal bedding, enrichment and feed, into discrete packages and pouches. Pouch styles and sizes are selected for suitable use in isolator change stations, satellite facilities or field operations. Single use pouch styles may be flat or self standing, sealed or with a re-sealable zipper and are supplied with breathable bio-barrier Reemay® membrane filters. Sealed pouches can be surface decontaminated and autoclaved.
The VBPS 7000 automatically opens individual standard pre-made pouches from the loading cartridge stack. Bedding is then manually filled or automatically proportioned into the pouch by weight or volume. Enrichment materials or feed can be manually added or substituted for the bedding. The pouch is then automatically thermo sealed and the next pouch is readied for filling.
- Autoclavable (to 121º C / 250º F). Colors – clear or red
- Pouch Styles – flat or self-standing, optional re-sealable zipper style supplied with breathable bio-barrier reemay membrane filters
- Sizes – Flat pouch 4″ to 20″ wide X 20″ long
- Self Standing Pouch – 4″ to 12″ wide x 12″ to 20″ high
- Electrical – 120V, 60 Hz, 1φ, 20 Amps for 3.5 hp, 13-12/6 Amps for 5 hp
- Compressed Air – 3.5 SCFM @ 90 psi
- Ergonomically Proactive – Reduces the risk of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) and other injuries caused by lifting, resulting in less time off and greater productivity.
- Removes Dust and Allergens – Fully contained, vacuum air carries away the dust and allergens, generated by the bedding materials. The vacuum air is cleaned by filtering it through a pocket filter or optional HEPA filter, leaving the work area uncontaminated.
- High Efficiency and Capacity – Automated weighing and filling operation eliminates intensive labor. Fills up to 20 bags per minute.
- Low Noise – less than 70db @ 2' (Cabinet).
- Fast Installation – Compact size, allows flexibility in system location, including rooms with restrictive height limitations.
- NEMA 4X – stainless steel construction permits use in wet locations including wash down areas.