Vacuum Bedding Removal
The VBRS 9400 Vacuum Bedding Removal System transports laboratory animal waste bedding from a central cage wash area or changing station to any remote non-dedicated receptacle, compactor, dumpster, or bagging equipment. The VBRS 9400 can handle the materials for well over 2000 cages per hour from soiled cages and for distances exceeding 700 feet, with 2″ stainless steel transport lines.
The VBRS 9400 system is housed in an acoustical and environmentally controlled cabinet and is factory preassembled and tested on a stainless steel skid-pack. For typical installations, the VBRS 9400 skid-pack is elevated on stainless steel uprights and shares the footprint with a waste receptacle, such as a shared non-dedicated compactor. A graphic touch screen is located in the cage wash area and interfaces either a vacuum wand or a self-contained dump station with the VBRS 9400 skid-pack. How It Works (PDF).
- 208-230/480V– 3 phase, 60 Hz, 20/10 Amps
- 120V, 1/60/ 20 Amps; consult factory for 50 Hz and special-purpose applications
- Compressed Air – 80 to 90 psi, 8 CFM capacity, 4 CFM consumption
- Ergonomically Proactive – Reduces the risk of musculoskeletal disorders (MSD’s) and other injuries caused by lifting, resulting in less time off and greater productivity.
- Removes Dust and Allergens – Fully contained, vacuum air carries away the dust and allergens. The vacuum air is cleaned by multiple filtration steps, including membrane pocket filter and optional HEPA filter, leaving the work area and exhaust air uncontaminated.
- Poly Dense Phase Material Flow – The patented separating valve enables an uninterrupted flow of bedding to the waste receptacle, increasing the conveying efficiency. Can handle fluids and wet and dry materials.
- Compatibility – The VBRS 9400 is compatible with all standard laboratory bedding materials including paper pulp and chip, wood chip, shavings, cob, and disposable enrichment materials.
- Energy Efficient – The ISO 9000 manufactured separating valve permits Poly Dense Phase conveying, requiring 1/10th the energy compared to dilute phase to move equivalent amounts of material. Fully documented by empirical tests and published data.
- Graphic Touch Panel Microcomputer Controls – Windows-based program is easy to use with self-diagnostic graphics, condition analysis, alerts and cage count functions. Has optional built-in communication and data management capabilities.
- Flexibility in Location and Nominal Space Requirement – The Vacuum System and Transport Tubing enable the bedding to be conveyed up to 700 feet and 8 floors apart without extra utility room.
- Easy Maintenance – The entire system can be cleaned and sterilized in place with liquid sterilants, without the need for dismantling or disruption of service. Serviceable non-proprietary parts are readily available off-the-shelf.